Drink beer to cheer for the Super Bowl? Or use beer to refresh dull, lifeless, limp hair? You can make both. At the beginning of the Super Bowl season, here we would like to talk about the latter first.
What you should know about beer rinse
Let’s begin with the benefits of rinsing your hair in beer. By using a beer rinse, it is of high possibility that your hair gain shine, softness, a little volume, and even a little extra strength from this effective recipe, for that the nutrients and proteins contained help bring out some of the pros in your locks and, the alcohol and carbonation work well in removing build up. Of course, to achieve such a fantastic result, you are supposed to have your hair rinsed in beer for several weeks, usually once a week.
How to rinse your hair in beer
What you need
- 16 ounce beer
- A small bowl or conditioner
- A shower cap, or a plastic cap
- A towel
Actually quite a lot recipe of beer rinse are available, and some of them are even conflicting. I have tried several of them and here is what I frequently use and the result is brilliant.
- First, take out your beer and let it warm up to room temperature. Actually, whether this step is adopted or not depends on your preference. Boiling the beer at the beginning is recommended as well, by which part of the alcohol, which tends to result in over dry hair, can be removed. For me, the boiling one can be omitted because the problem with over drying never happens to my hair.
- Second, pour about 4 ounce(1/4 of your beer) into a small bowl, and then blend it with a certain amount of your favorite conditioner.
- Next, wash your hair with your favorite shampoo. For hair having a lot of extra build up, a clarifying shampoo is strongly suggested.
- After that, work the beer & conditioner mixture through your hair thoroughly. I usually do this with my fingers. Then wrap your hair in a shower cap, or a plastic cap. Cover the wrap in a towel.
- Keep it for 10 to 30 minutes, depending on your hair condition.
- Pour all the rest of the beer on your hair and work it though your hair. It is possible that you a little fizzy and weird in the process.
- Keep it for two or three minutes and then rinse it thoroughly with water. For me, a plain conditioner is necessary to be rinsed again to make sure of getting rid of the bear smelling.
- Dry and style as usual
My beer rinse does make wonder to my natural hair. You know, for several months in the past, I have to wear wigs to cover my ugly and dry natural hair. But now, my healthy hair comes back mainly because of this recipe. Of course, due to the difference in hair condition, yours might be better suitable for you. Would you like to share us with your hair miracle?