In hot days, long straight or wavy ponytails gain the largest popularity. Compared with other hairstyles whose hair fall to its full length, of course this hairstyle can ward off some heat to make you feel cool. Besides, a simple wrapped ponytail can give you nothing but charm just like the other glamorous haircuts. Browsing through the mass media, you will notice that the screen is awash with this style, and many celebrities often show up on the stage with it, like Beyonce and Reese Witherspoon.
Do you also feel liking getting a hairstyle like this? Just do it. But what if your hair is not long and volume enough? So that is why ponytail extension comes forth.
As same as other hair extensions, ponytail extensions are made from human hair or synthetic fibers. Just like human hair extensions, ponytail extensions made from human hair tend to be more expensive, but allow greater options in styling. For example, you can have them curled or dyed to the style that you like.
Both the colour and texture of the ponytail extensions should be closely matched to your own hair for the most natural look possible, and a wide variety of lengths are available. A ponytail hair extension can be attached to your hair with claw clip or a hidden drawstring for added security. An instant hair transformation can be made using ponytail hair extensions. Depending on how they are worn, they may look elegant or casual. For various styles, you can alter the position of the ponytail as you like. For example, it can be worn higher or lower.
The usage of ponytail extensions
- Opt for a ponytail extension whose colour and texture are closely matched to your own hair. Of course, your preferential length should be taken into consideration as well.
- Comb your hair throughly and wear it up with an elastic band. Tuck the hair ends into the elastic band, forming a small loop or a bun.
- Settle the loose hair with gel or spray.
- Take the ponytail extension out of the package and comb it smooth.
- Gently push the claw clip into place behind the elastic band that holds your hair. Wrap the drawstring beneath your hair to secure the extension. If only drawstring is available, then wrap your hair tightly with it. Separate an inch-wide lock of hair from the ponytail to wrap it tightly around the base and then fix the lock with several tiny hairpins, securing it underneath