So funny the nail art design is that it can be completed over a couple of days if you like. For example, you can start with the main color on day one, and then add the color block the next day. Of course, it is feasible that you complete the style in one sitting, all depending on you.
What You Need:
1. Nail polishes: White, Yellow, Blue, Turquoise, Orange ( Depending on your preference )
2. Tape: Both clear tape and painters tape are feasible. (Cut the tapes into thin strips and wide strips to section off parts of your nail.)
3. Fast dry top coat (It is OK to omit this one.)
Step 1: Start with your main color. I suggest white color here. And then wait till it dries, or use a quick dry top coat. Make sure that the polish it dry enough before your next step, or the tape may ruin your main color or top coat.
Step 2: Place a thin tape stripe to half section your nail (from top to bottom), then place a wide one on the top of your nail. Make sure of pressing the tapes firmly down against your nail to prevent the polish permeating underneath to make messy line.
Step 3: Polish your desired color on one side and then the second color on the other side. Slightly remove the tapes before the polish is dry enough. The wide strip goes first, and then comes the thin one.
Step 4: Carry on this step if you ensure that the first two colors are dry. Cross two more thin strips on your nail. Check if they are firmly pressed down.
Step 5: Apply polish like what you did in step. Then remove the thin tapes.
Step 6: Finish with a dry top coat.
Now you are having a chic nail art that certainly is a plus for your glamour.
Tips & Tricks
- It is of much importance to ensure firmly pressed down tape. Otherwise, the cross lines may look messy.
- It is suggested using painters tape to avoid leaving any sticky residue. Of course, other tape that can be removed easily is feasible.
- Polishes in other colors can also make a fabulous final look.